Over 700 labels have united under the movement, including Sub Pop, Epitaph, XL, 4AD, Matador, Drag City, Secretly Canadian, Jagjaguwar, Saddle Creek, Captured Tracks, Mute, Numero Group and many more. The initiative details 5 primary goals/guidelines, which you can read after the jump!
This movement hopes to work towards complete artist fairness from indie labels, and it launches today.
In celebration, you can buy concert tickets and purchase a CD from your favorite artists to show them your support.
1. Ensure that artists’ share of download and streaming revenues is clearly explained in recording agreements and royalty statements in reasonable summary form.
2. Account to artists a good-faith pro-rata share of any revenues and other compensation from digital services that stem from the monetization of recordings but are not attributed to specific recordings or performances.
3. Encourage better standards of information from digital services on the usage and monetization of music.
4. Support artists who choose to oppose, including publicly, unauthorized uses of their music.
5. Support the collective position of the global independent record company sector.
Latest posts by Blake Corrao (see all)
- WATCH: New Found Glory “Selfless” Music Video - August 5, 2014
- SynnerNation Is Recruiting - August 5, 2014
- LIVE REVIEW: Suicide Silence in Sayreville, New Jersey - August 1, 2014