Pop singer Natalie Imbruglia, famous for her cover of “Torn” back in ’98, makes a come back this year. She recently shared the album artwork for her new album Male. The cover features her face being framed by tattooed male arms, which couldn’t work better for the theme of the album. Check it out after the jump.
The reason Male will be such a cool album is because it is a compilation of covers originally sung by male artists, including Julian Casablanca (from The Strokes) and Daft Punk‘s “Instant Crush,” which you can listen to at Stereogum.
The full track list, with original artists:
- Instant Crush, Daft Punk
- Cannonball, Damien Rice
- The Summer, Josh Pike
- I’ll Follow You Into The Dark, Death Cab for Cutie
- Goodbye in His Eyes, Zac Brown Band
- Friday I’m in Love, The Cure
- Naked As We Came, Iron & Wine
- Let My Love Open the Door, Pete Townshend
- Only Love Can Break Your Heart, Neil Young
- I Melt With You, Modern English
- The Waiting, Tom Petty
- The Wind, Cat Stevens
Male is expected to be released July 28. You can download “Instant Crush” and preorder the album on March 23.
Fore more Natalie Imbruglia, check out her website here.
Latest posts by Liz Smith (see all)
- STREAM: Sam Bruno “Search Party” - May 23, 2015
- STREAM: Coldplay “Gone But Not F. Cotton” - May 23, 2015
- STREAM: Maroon 5 “This Summer’s Gonna Hurt Like A Motherf*****r” - May 16, 2015