One of the Top Trending topics on Facebook currently is Tyra Banks. The model and media mogul recently took a selfie sans make-up, and posted the photo, unaltered. While Banks looks stunning no matter what, the media declared her action “bold,” which left one of our writers questioning why, if going without makeup was so bold, she never had an article written about her…and what about the countless other women who frequently go sans makeup?
Well, here are 20 women in music who “boldly” run the world frequently without makeup:
1. Jenna McDougall (Tonight Alive) - The Aussi singer is not afraid to go sans makeup, and she still looks amazing. Tomboy-chic does not begin to explain Tonight Alive's vocalist. She is the poster child for perfect Warped Tour looks and survival: minimal to no makeup, comfy, yet cool style, and I think we've all wanted to steal her hair tips.
2. Hayley Williams (Paramore) - This vocal powerhouse has been going au natural for years, even though she is known for some of her incredible (and sometimes unusual) cosmetics. But it is far from unusual to see the vocalist sporting a make-up free face.
3. Juliet Simms - The Automatic Loveletter vocalist/solo winner of The Voice is bold in everything she does. She's also currently on the Warped Tour, where you may see her sporting a minimal look.
4. Hilary Duff - The Lizzie McGuire actress and "Chasing The Sun" singer often goes about her daily errands without makeup. She'll be on tour this summer, so keep your eye out!
5. Lydia Gunn (PVRIS) - Gunn bares all, both on stage and off, with a fresh faced look. Catch her on the Warped Tour this summer!
6. Sydney Sierota (Echosmith) - Sydney will always be one of the "cool kids," what with her amazing vocals and effortlessly cool style. Even with her fame on the rise, the star still gives her face a break with a no-makeup look.
7. Tay Jardine (We Are The In Crowd) - Warped Tour alum and minimal stunner, Tay Jardine never fears stepping out with a fresh face.
8. Cassadee Pope - The ex-Hey Monday vocalist and The Voice winner is a Warped Tour alum, and she showed us all how it was done: minimal and fuss-free. Even now, the rocker-gone-country still puts her best face forward.
9. Miley Cyrus - This ex-Disney star has been turning heads for years with her crazy antics, but that's all part of her persona! The singer doesn't take herself too seriously, and is the first to post a #NoMakeup #NoFilter selfie.
10. Taylor Swift - The Reigning Queen of Pop, and model cross-over artist is always spotted in the media with her squad of famous friends, with or without makeup. Check her out here with her cat, Olivia Benson.
11. Alicia Moore (a.k.a. P!NK) - One of the most impressive people in music currently is PINK. Between her aerial skills and her bold style, the rocker mom doesn't hide from the camera.
12. Lorde - The New Zealand "royal" and Taylor Swift bestie is happy to show her fans both her glam side and her natural style.
13. Kelly Clarkson - The singing sensation/new mom is confident as hell, and not afraid to show her hazel eyes without a trace of eyeshadow or mascara.
14. Lights - The Canadian electro-pop artist, Beau Bokan's wife, and mother of one of the coolest named babies ever (Rocket), is all about being comfortable in her own skin. And who can blame her? She's gorgeous!
15. Jess Bowen (The Summer Set) - Not only has Jess Bowen reminded everyone that women make excellent drummers too, but she's also perfect the minimal Warped style.
16. Christina Perri - The "Jars of Hearts" songstress stays "golden," often with no make up.
17. Demi Lovato - The actress/singer has become an advocate for self-love and body image positivity. Whether she's posting pictures of her make-up free face at the gym, or just a pic with her morning coffee (below), Lovato is a bold, fresh face.
18. Ellie Goulding - The British songstress/Nike spokesmodel is bold in everything she does. Have you seen her kickboxing skills?
19. Lady Gaga - Much like Demi Lovato, Mother Monster has become an advocate for positive body image and self-love, and she practices as she preaches, often seen out and about without a drop of make-up, and posting plenty of #NoMakeup #NoFilter selfies.
20. KE$HA - Though the pop singer-songwriter is known for having "glitter on her eyes," KE$HA has never been one to shy away from a nude face.
*BONUS: Katy Perry - Back in the pop superstar's Warped Tour days, Katy Perry was often seen without makeup. She may be a Covergirl model, but she still boldly struts her fresh face around the town.
Do you often don a make-up free look? If so, let us know in the comments, or post your own au natural selfie with #Bold2BeMe, and maybe we’ll write an article about you too! 😉
Please follow and like us: The following two tabs change content below.
Founder/CEO of Planet Stereo Entertainment - Writer for Infectious Magazine and RibbitTV - NASM Certified personal trainer with a diploma in Exercise Science - Kettle Bell certified - Aspiring filmmaker.