Grey Advertising and music networking event, Midem, have teamed up with Folgers to give you the opportunity to recreate the coffee brand’s jingle.
Song entries must be your own original version of the Folgers jingle, and if chosen for broadcast, the artist will receive a minimum $10,000 payment.
Applications close on June 2, 2014. Check out the rules and specifics below the jump as well as a video of last year’s winner. Make sure to let us know if you’re planning on submitting a jingle.
- Your song entry must be your own original version of the Folgers jingle “The Best Part of Wakin’ Up” (original song and 2013 winner in gallery)
- Jingle should be universally appealing
- Positive and uplifting
- Flexible enough to be used as a full lyrical song, instrumental bed or just as a sting/audio tag to reinforce branding
- Open to artists from all countries
- Open to all genres
- Grey Music director and Folgers will evaluate submissions before MIDEM and create a Top 10 Playlist
- At the MIDEM ListeningSession, Josh Rabinowitz will present and evaluate the top 10 tracks
Additional Compensation Details:
- If a track is chosen for broadcast, the artist will receive a minimum $10,000 payment
- As it is an arrangement of an existing song owned by Folgers, that fee would cover costs of the master, all talent, studio fees and the arrangement
- No further payments other than arranger royalties that will be generated from the performance of the music in relation to any advertising campaigns
- If the track is recorded in the US and in accordance with the appropriate Unions – the AFofM (American Federation of Musicians) and SAG, (Screen Actors Guild) – the musicians and singers would receive appropriate residuals
The complete description can be found here.